Friday, May 1, 2009

Pakistan Weddings- Karen

What we learned this week about weddings in Pakistan was actually really interesting. I thought it was especially great that there are so many connections between weddings in Pakistan and weddings in the United States. In an in class exercise we also found that there are many similarities between cultures of the world and their wedding traditions! I think that my favorite wedding tradition in Pakistan is probably one that takes place before the week long ceremonies do... its the shopping that the bride and her family get to do. I thought it was especially interesting to find out that in Pakistan buying cloth, and having outfits tailored for you is actually less expensive than buying a pre-made outfit. I also like the tradition of the groom and his family presenting gifts to the bride and taking care of most of her clothing preparations!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, I also found it interesting about buying cloth to make their own wedding clothes.

    ReplyDelete